"Providing sustainable, high-efficiency cooling and refrigeration solutions for our warming planet."
HVAC - Refrigeration - Building Efficiency - Renewables
Supermarket owners have electricity costs on part with their slim profit margins - 50% of their electricity costs are spent on refrigeration.
SkyCool Systems offers a way to improve the operating efficiency of their refrigeration and cooling systems, 24 hours a day, reducing their overall electricity costs by as much as 20% annually.
Aswath Raman CEO
Elias Goldstein CTO
SkyCool will sell their fluid cooling panels through existing refrigeration and HVAC channels as an add-on to new and existing systems. They estimate a sales price of $6/ft2 at a 50% gross margin. They are also investigating financing financing options to lease the panels on the basis of energy saved (i.e. ESCOs), so that their end customers have no up-front costs.
TRL 6 - System/Subsystem demonstration in a relevant environment.
grants and awards to date
- ARPA-E $550K
- TomKat Center Tech Transfer Award $30K
- NSF I-Corps $50K
- FLoW Competition - 2nd Place $5K
3-6 month milestones
- Demonstrate larger-area operation of the prototype panels over an extended time period
- Deploy a pilot-scale test of efficiency improvement of a baseline A/C or refrigeration system augmented by their panels
- Obtain agreements for the first sales/pilots on customer rooftops with key partners (refrigeration equipment manufacturers, utilities, supermarkets) onboard
- Secure a seed round of $500K
- Advisors with experience and wide networks in the refrigeration and air-conditioning industry
- Office/Lab space in the bay area
- Funding: Both equity and non-equity
Aaswath Raman at firstname.lastname@example.org